Although acne, or a simple pimple, may look little and harmless, it can actually transform into a severe skin problem, especially if you keep on dealing with it in the wrong way. In order to be proud of your skin, you must always keep it clean and clear. Follow a strict skin care routine.
A lot of information in the internet holds solutions on how to deal with acne. However, this article will tell about the Dont’s in preventing bad acne. Nearly everyone has seen bad acne pictures. To avoid this fate it is vital to follow the guidelines below.
1. Don’t ignore or underestimate acne. Do the necessary appropriate steps to treat it, whether it is a mild or a severe skin problem. It takes a lot of time and patience to maintain great skin. If you have mysterious bumps and swells in your face then make an effort to maintain it clean all the time so as not to trigger pimples. Over the treatment skin care products are highly accessible in your nearest drugstores for mild cases. However for serious and bad acne problems, it is appropriate to consult your dermatologist for the right prescriptions.
2. Don’t pop, prick, poke, squeeze, or touch an acne. Yes, popping your pimples can be very tempting, but you have to resist this temptation so as not to aggravate your skin problem! Pricking pimples can lead to bloody ones which in turn may lead to spreading of infection to the rest of your face. If you really need to squeeze them out of medical reasons, then at least don’t use your bare hand. This would only introduce more bacteria and germs into your face and may lead to a serious skin infection. Furthermore, inflammation will soon follow, which may in turn lead to ugly scars and blemishes.
3. Don’t scrub your face. If you have a sensitive skin, don’t scrub your face. Acne and pimples can be very itchy and tempting to scratch, but it might do you harm than relief. This may worsen your acne. If you deal with your face acne, deal gently. No abrasive scrubbing using hands or fierce washing using a towel as this will only aggravate acne.
4. Don’t touch your face. Don’t touch your face, at least all the time. You may not know it but your hands are susceptible to dirt. In this regard, keep your hands clean and dry always, and keep them off your face all the time. Also, break the habit of resting your chin in your hands to prevent chin acne outbreaks.
5. Don’t use harmful facial products. Using unknown, unverified facial products that are not FDA approved is the easiest way to cause bad acne. If you plan to use a facial skin care product always do a patch test on a small area of your skin before trying out the actual product on your face. This will reduce the possibility of probable harmful facial products as a patch test can generate result in less than 48 hours. This is a great way to test a body acne lotion. The best thing to do is to consult your dermatologist, so you wouldn’t end up nursing a much graver acne problem in the future due to careless application of some facial products.