Many people prefer clip on hair extensions because they are much easier to work with and they can be installed and uninstalled in a blink of an eye. If you are looking for a non-permanent and easy to live with solution then clip in hair extensions is your answer. They will make your hair look and feel thicker, longer and more voluminous.
As a quick tip, it is a good idea to go with human hair clip in extensions because they are much better overall. Also, you might want to know how to care for your hair extensions in order to have them in great shape all the times and increase their lifespan. Read this article for more details!
1. Comb your hair extensions. This is perhaps the most common trick that you can use in order to preserve your hair extensions in a good condition. Make sure that you take them off and you comb them on a regular basis, to remove knots and tangles. You can do this especially after you have worn the extensions for a long period of time.
2. Shampoo the extensions. Especially if you have human hair extensions, they need the same care and attention from your behalf as if it would be normal hair. Therefore, shampoo is very recommended in this case. Make sure that you wet the clip on hair extensions with warm water and carefully apply the shampoo. After you have finished washing the extensions, you can rinse the remaining shampoo and let them dry.
3. Apply conditioner. You can also use different hair products in order to improve the volume and make the clip on hair extensions easier to comb and softer. Conditioners are great and you can use them as well in order to maintain your hair extensions.
4. Dry them in sun. If you need to use the extensions right away, you can always dry them in sun and no harm will be done to the extensions. Another option would be to use the blow dryer, especially if your hair extensions are made from human hair which is much more resistant to styling tools and products.
5. Washing schedule. Make sure that you don’t wash your hair extensions too often because they will eventually deteriorate. It is a good idea to wash the extensions once or twice in a week the most. By doing so, you will keep the hair extensions in a good shape and they will not be damaged too quickly.